CRA COMMITTEE MEETING
SATURDAY 29TH SEPTEMBER 2018 – 10:30am – SOCIAL CENTRE
The meeting opened at 10:30am
Silvana BuxtonActing Chairman (SB)
Geoffrey BuxtonSecretary (GB)
Maite GómezTreasurer (MG)
Paul DruryCommunication Officer (PD)
Simon MellorWebsite Master (SM)
Bob SmithSocial Media coordinator (BS)
2. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE:
Allyson IngamellsMembership secretary (AI)
Peter PontWebsite support and Special Projects (PP)
Paul CassidyUK membership support (PC)
Elaine RobertsInvited guest (ER)
3. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
4. MATTERS ARISING
4/7 – Report on programme for membership database – AI/PP to report at next CM
Disposal of m/ship paper cards – AI/ER to report at next CM
4/8 – Aqualia’s repair work and Gaspar’s (see below) intervention – PP is keeping the Committee
informed about the progress of the project, which is proving successful with the majority
of road/pavement repairs completed in sectors D and C. – PP to report at next meeting
on further progress.PP
6 – IBI issues (BS) – no longer relevant
8 – Fiscalia decision. CRA to contact Defensor del Pueblo – (SB) completed
9 – Electronic correspondence (SB) – not relevant at present
Meeting with British Consul (PD) – originally agreed for 3/10, but later postponed to
allow the newly appointed government officials to become acquainted with
Camposol issues. Awaiting new date
12 – Media involvement (SB) – task completed
AOB – Interview at Costa Calida radio (BS) – postponed to a later date
Arrangement to meet with other associations (PP) – postponed to next CMPP
CRA participation to Camposol Fiesta (SB) – ER and SB manned the CRA table and
ER raised 63€ for the CRA. Well done Elaine!
5. FEEDBACK OF MEETING WITH GASPAR LORENTE – PSOE COUNCILLOR/SPOKESMAN
The meeting with Gaspar took place on Friday 21/9 and SB updated the Committee by
email of same day (enclosed). Positive comments were made on Aqualia/Gaspar excellent
progress n the road/pavement repairs and it was agreed that Gaspar should be approached
regarding the issue of ‘street lights’.SB
6. FEEDBACK ON PLENO of 25/9/2018
The motion put forward by Gaspar relating the upkeep of the Cultural Centre was
rejected by a majority vote consisting of the Council coalition – political groups: PP
AS, CCD and PIxM (email enclosed)
7. UPDATE ON SOCIAL CENTRE PRESENT CONDITIONS AND TIMETABLE MANAGEMENT
There is still no indication of the Town Hall involvement in the management of the Centre.
The wash-basin surrounding is still broken and so is the glass of the big window in the hall.
The management of the timetable continues to be done amicably amongst the associations
who use the Centre.
8. UPDATE ON ER ACCIDENT AND DROP-IN COVER OCT-DEC
BS kindly agreed to coordinate the drop-in cover for the months of October, November,
December 2018, or until Elaine is fully recovered from the injuries sustained at the
Social Centre whilst manning the drop-in session of 12/9/2018.
9. UPDATE ON CALLE ESPARRAGUERA
This item was covered on SB email mentioned in point 5. Above
10. DEFENSOR DEL PUEBLO RESPONSE
The DdP stated that they are legally unable to take to task the Fiscalia.
11. MT ADVICE THAT THE CRA APPEAL TO THE FISCALIA GENERAL DEL ESTADO
The CRA will now appeal to the Fiscalia General del Estado in Madrid. SB to actionSB
12. COMMITTEE RESPONSE TO MT REQUEST FOR FLOODS ARTICLES ETC.
The Committee felt unable to provide MT with any more information than they already
have in their website.
13. PyM AND OTHER TYPES OF PUBLICITY
BS to investigate the best possible way to publicize the CRA work on social media.BS
14. PROPOSAL FOR AN OPEN MEETING
To be discussed at the next CM. If this is to go ahead, it is proposed that any questions are
submitted in advance of the meeting.
15. DATE OF NEXT MEETING WITH GASPAR
In view of the CRA Discussion meeting on the 13/10, it may be necessary to change the
previously pencilled meeting with Gaspar for the 12/10. SB to contact GasparSB
No AOB items
17. DATE OF NEXT COMMITTEE MEETING
The next CM is scheduled to take place on 27/10/2018
The meeting closed at 1pm