FAQ Page2019-05-02T12:53:10+00:00

Over the years many questions and enquiries have been answered by the member of the Camposol Residents Association. Please see below a listing of many frequently asked questioned.

Disposal of unwanted furniture2020-10-28T14:52:33+00:00

Exchanging Residencia for TIE2020-10-28T14:50:32+00:00
A personal experience using a Gestor:

I’ve just upgraded my thin green residence card to a TIE. Used Assesoria Zamora in town. They smooth the way very well. They arranged the CITA’s and did all the paperwork which they forwarded to the TH and to the CNP in Murcia.

I had a 09:45 appointment with the Padron but went early. The security guy put me in front of the queue and the lady at the Padron counter was very nice. At the CNP headquarters in Murcia you punch your NIE number in and I got a ticket marked with “UK” and a number. I noticed French people get tickets with F, Moroccans with M and so forth. It seems that various counters are reserved to handle various nationalities.

The guy I had was very nice but only spoke Spanish. Maybe this was because I spoke Spanish. I don’t know. In any event, he had the paperwork and photos forwarded by Zamora and all I had to do was to pass over my passport and green card and give digital prints of both forefingers. Took only 8 minutes comprising 3 minutes waiting and 5 minutes at desk.

You pay Zamora € 49 plus €12 for the complete process. Zamora will now arrange my CITA in 4 weeks time when I will return to the CNP hand over my green card and collect my digitised TIE.

Easy peasy in fact.
Use the Línea Verde app or website to report problems to the Town Hall2020-08-13T16:26:38+00:00

The Línea Verde app and website

You can report lots of problems using the Línea Verde which links to the Town Hall. For example mosquitos, rubbish recycling, pests and much more.   You will get a response from their team of experts within 24 hrs.

Download the app to your Spanish mobile:

Positive balance of a service that is used by neighbours to report flaws and share good environmental practices

The mobile application of the Línea Verde service allows the Mazarrón City Council to process about 2,000 incidents. The service is a direct channel from residents to the administration that allows the communication of defects as well as the use and maintenance of good environmental practices.

Línea Verde began its journey in 2013, having a very good reception among citizens. To date, 1,974 incidents have been reported. Of these, 79% have already been processed and the rest are in progress. The most reported incidents have to do with lighting, followed by those that have to do with sidewalks and driveways, parks and gardens, and urban solid waste.

Operation of Línea Verde

In order to use this new service, it is necessary to download the Línea Verde APP. To do this, the user accesses Google Play or APP Store depending on the technology used on their Smartphone (Android / iOS). Once located, the download is carried out for free. From that moment on, the user selects the municipality on which he wants to report the incident. The procedure is very quick and easy.

To report an incident, just click on the “Report your incident” button. A drop-down with the different types of incidents appears on the screen. The user selects the one about which he wants to communicate. Automatically, the APP detects the exact coordinates where the fault is located. The next step is to attach a photo of the incident and observation about it. Now all you have to do is hit the send button. Once sent, City Council staff receives notification of the reported damage. From this moment on, the procedures are started to solve the incident detected. The citizen, in turn, receives notification on his mobile phone whenever there is a change in the status of the same.

Through Línea Verde, the user can also raise any environmental query. Simply select the option “Make your query”. Within a maximum period of 24 hours you will have a response from a team of experts in the field completely free of charge.

More information at http://www.lineaverdemazarron.com/

Or just use the website to make your report:


Who to call in Emergencies2020-02-17T12:19:27+00:00


Other emergency phone numbers:

FAST (Camposol only) – 968 970 626 – Call FAST after you have called 112 for an ambulance
Fire Brigade (Mazarron) 968 590 200
Guardia Civil (Mazarron) 968 590 005
Guardia Civil (Pto Mazarron) 968 594 103
Local Police (Mazarron) 968 591 496
Local Police (Puerto de Mazarron) 968418181
Coastguard Sea Rescue 900 202 202 Cartagena: 968 529 594 Cartagena Port Control Room 968325801
Samaritans Spain Freephone 900 525 100 – 24hr
Medical Centre Mazarron 968 590 411
Medical Centre Pto Mazarron 968 595 342/968 154 202
Medical Centre Camposol – 968 131 695/968 228 250

Noahs Rescue/Emergency: 603206363 and 603199072
Andreas Animal rescue 690 90 65 65


Fiona Harvey 663 71 65 65
Debbie Shaw 677 353136
Alex Woods – Please call me anytime night or day on 696667182. If you ring me and get through to an answer machine, then please leave a message and I will ring you back right away. I also have Whatsapp.

All are Translators/Interpreters English/Spanish but any other languages are mentioned in the listing.
Tina Maillis
Spends most of her time at Santa Lucia and has good working relationship with staff there. Highly recommended t4lingua. translation company. Tel 666329635
Jane Martin
I am a translator and spend lots of my time at Santa Lucia hospital and also doctors around the area. My telephone number is 667059266 which you can call anytime. Experience translating for psychological problems and disorders.
Ines Garcia Perez
She lives in Cartagena so meets you there, or anywhere in the area for other appointments. Very nice, very helpful. She worked in a solicitors for 24 years, so can help with all queries. Her name is Ines Garcia Perez Tel: 655 632 514 email: inesgap8@gmail.com.
Roisin Maire Stephenson – I´m a translator. I´m often in the Santa Lucia hospital and I am quite happy to give people lifts or pop up to the wards to see people who are poorly. I do this sort of thing for Mabs Murcia.
Tel: 620 66 94 62
Lucía Gonzalez
Highly recommended. Lucía can help patients who need an English-Spanish translator in hospital. She lives in Cartagena. She also has experience with psychology and psychiatry translation. Lucia also speaks speak Dutch and German. Lucia is Spanish and knows exactly how things work in Spain with the doctors, hospital or authorities.
Tel: 699 450 185 or 649 310 313
If you can’t reach Lucia immediately leave a message and she will get in touch as soon as possible.
Tony Jones
Tel: 663308591
Didier Boutte
Officially registered interpreter, specialized in medical issues. He has been working in this area for over 8 years now and has a good knowledge of the Murcian Health Services and most of the medical staff in hospital and medical centres. He has been translating for MABS for many years now and can give more references if required. Lives close to Cartagena and happy to give people lifts.
Tel: 654 332 214 or contact by WhatsApp, Facebook or Viber
Isabel De Esteban Escobar – Isabel has over 15 years experience and is a native Spanish speaker fully qualified in English/Spanish studies
Tel 659 909 852 or email: translatorisabel@gmail.com
Isabel also runs a Spanish/English Language School in Mazarron for small groups of 4-8 people – contact her for more information.
Alex Woods
TRANSLATION SERVICE: I am also a 24 hour translator. I have been established in the Murcia region for over 15 years and am fluent in Spanish. I offer translations at hospitals, Guardia Civil and any other place you may need to take a translator.
Please call me anytime night or day on 696667182. If you ring me and get through to an answer machine, then please leave a message and I will ring you back right away. I also have Whatsapp.
I am fully legal.
Angela Interpreter
Tel 679 695 032. Lived in Spain for years. University educated, experienced and discreet. Speaks a number of languages. Can take clients in her car.
Fiona Green Telephone 649 811 469
Translating for hospitals/police and courts for 34 years, brought up and educated in Spain. I cover Cartagena mostly, I am based in Mazarron area, but if a patient gets sent to Murcia or Lorca I go where needed. Also cover Med centres/Notaries/Police in Mazarrón/Puerto areas.
Rebe Iglesias
I’m Spanish and I live in Camposol. I’m currently studying nursing with Oxford Brookes. If any of the people of Camposol or the Santa Lucia Hospital ever gets “stuck” for a translator please give them my details to contact me. I know that not everyone in the area is well off. I will translate for them free of charge. The only thing is that I don’t drive so they will need to take me with them.
WhatsApp 00447859871872
Timetable For Buses2019-07-26T12:36:26+00:00

Check this link to the Town Hall website for access to timetables of buses passing through Camposol


How to book doctors appointment on-line2020-08-14T14:48:39+00:00



The procedure is quite simple.

Go to: https://sede.carm.es/sms/citainternet/login.xhtml

You can choose language  ESP/ENG in top right corner.
Put your NIE number in first box and date of birth in second box.
Select  Get In and on next screen choose Medical.

The next screen will show you the first available date, either choose this by clicking Confirm, or click on Change Appointment to see further available dates. You can also give your email address to receive email reminder of the date.

How to renew your medical card2020-08-14T14:58:15+00:00


The info below is from normal pre-Covid times….

Your medical card cannot be renewed until after the expiry date.  For example if it expires end of April then you can renew first opportunity in May.

The days for renewal at Mazarron Health Centre in July are Tuesday, Wednesday and Fridays

Tuesday 8.30 to 10.45 – (No tickets, ask who is last in queue).

Wednesday and Friday
8.30 till 10.00
– (no tickets, ask who is last in the queue),
or 10.30 till 12.30 (take a ticket –
 tickets are put up on door 30 at 10 am and the official issuing the cards goes for his break and starts seeing people in order of their tickets from 10.30 up to 12.30.

Room 30 is up the stairs – then turn left and left again.

You will need:

  • Up to date Padron (at time of posting under 2 years old)
  • Passport
  • Your expired card – they will issue you with a temporary piece of paper which says valid for 3 months.
    This is HOW you are meant to complete the procedure for collecting your medical card in Mazarron Health Centre:

    The date written on your temporary piece of paper is the date you are meant to start asking at Camposol Health Centre To see IF your card has arrived in Mazarron yet. It is NOT the date you are meant to go down and ask him in the office if it is there.
    Once you have been told at the desk that your card is in Mazarron, You can go and collect it. You do not need an appointment or a ticket to do so. The man dealing with this would like people to collect on Wednesdays as he is there every Wednesday from 8.30 until 12.30 ish, (but does have a break about 10). A lot of people are going down there on the date of their temporary paper and wasting their own time hanging about and his time trying to explain etc. So please check at the desk at your surgery first to see if it is there, and once you have been told it is, then go and collect.
    At the moment they are taking about 2.5-3 months, but this will likely get worse the closer we get into the summer.
    Debbie Shaw – translator/interpreter on Camposo also has a collection service for these cards.


Documents which you may require to register on the padrón.2018-11-27T18:51:38+00:00


Passport and N.I.E document


Proof of recent documentation relating to the ownership of the property
Latest contribution documentation (I assume it’s the IBI receipt).
Nota simple from the Registro de la Propiedad (Land Registry)
Escritura (Deeds)
Recent water or electricity invoice


Proof of recent documentation relating to the ownership of the property
Latest contribution documentation (I assume it’s the IBI receipt)
Nota simple from the Registro de la Propiedad (Land registry)
Escritura of the property (Deeds)
Personal documents (Passport and NIE document)
Invoice of water or electricity
Rental Contract or Authorization for obtaining the Padron at this address

Exchanging your UK driving licence for a Spanish one2019-10-08T11:59:34+00:00

If your exchange requires having a medical, in Mazarron there are two options:

You can go to the Rover Clinic near Visanfer Mazarron Wednesday and Friday 6pm to 8pm.

Or use the Clinica Laboratorio in Mazarron which is at 106 Avenida De Constitución. It’s just a few buildings past the Tabac.

It is open two days a week:

No appointment necessary but make sure you take any medical records if on medication.

Take all your paperwork and especially your UK driving license and make sure your padron is less than 3 months old.
If you normally wear glasses make sure you wear them.

Here is a recent report:

I attended the Clinica Labatorio in Mazarron (address below) which I understand is only open from 5pm until 7pm on Tuesday and Thursday for this purpose. Here you will need to undergo a small medical test and you will need to present the following documents. UK Driving Licence, Passport and proof of residence (Padron). Any information on the medication you are using plus any information of any hospital visits in case of illness and a prescription for spectacles. In addition you must pay a fee of 40 Euros in cash. On the left as you enter there is a small reception desk, here you present your UK Driving Licence, passport and the fee. Your documents are returned with a slip of of paper bearing the figure 40 which denotes you have paid, this you need to present to the Doctor. Please note the receptionist speaks very little English however on occasions a translator is present.

Once you have completed this process you will need to go downstairs and queue to see the Doctor. He will then examine your documents,particularly your medical documents, and carry out an eye test. Should you have a particular medical condition he may ask you to obtain a note from your Doctor confirming treatment. Once this process is complete you will be asked to go to the office next door where final details will taken and your medical document issued.


TFNO: 968 59 10 16

The next step is the application process, this can be done by yourself in Cartagena but I am not aware of the location or the process. I went to the Gestoria Zamora in Mazarron who arrange your application where a member of staff speaks English and will help you through the process. Here you need to present the following documents, Medical document, UK Driving Licence, Passport, Padron (dated within last 3 months), Residencia plus 2 photographs the size to fit the driving licence. (These can be obtained at Best Wishes, ask for driving licence photos, the cost is 5 Euros). In addition you will need to pay a fee of 75 Euros in cash, unless you aged over 70 when the fee is 55 Euros. Once the application is completed your UK driving licence will be retained having given you a copy and a cash receipt. The issue of your Spanish driving licence can be up to 3 months and will be delivered to Gestoria Zamora who will then contact you for issue.

Once you have your Spanish driving licence you can apply for an International licence from the same place.

Address: Gestoria Zamora, De Mazarron, Calle San Francisco 3, Mazarron. Tel: 968591789.

Here are extracts from other experiences:

Once at the Clinic ….pay your 40e – the receptionist will know what you require if you show her your UK licence -and then go down the steps/lift to the next floor down…..
At the bottom of the stairs there are 2 doors on the left…..sit and wait , your name will be called, couples go in together…

Once called in….2 chairs to the left…..one to the right (camera) .
Your asked to sit….photo taken….back to other chair….from sitting…read the Letter chart…..then he lights a car headlight on full beam and points to 2 smaller letters straight away!!
There was a stethoscope and BP unit there but we are not on any medication….which he asked.
Form given….go next door….form stamped….back upstairs….
In the second room there was a machine with 2 joysticks …grip test perhaps or old fashioned looking simulator, I’m not sure which….there was a booth in the waiting area….no idea what that was for…..

The medical does not depend on age.
It depends on how long you have left on your licence, and how long they will issue the next one for.
Sometimes you must have a medical, others it is advisable, others do not need to.
As always these things depend on YOUR own personal circumstances so what was necessary for one person is completely unnecessary for another.

That is the first stage. The paperwork they give you has to go to Trafico Cartagena for them to contact the DVLA in UK.

Link for an appointment with tráfico.


Whether you use a translator, gestor or go to Trafico yourself, you need photos for Trafico’s use if you are exchanging a British licence for a Spanish. On Camposol Just Fabulous or Best Wishes can do them – you must tell them it’s for the driving licence. MAKE sure it comes out on a white background, often they take it on white but it comes out grey, so check before you leave. (People renewing a Spanish licence do not need these).

If you are not confident then the options are to use a gestoria or a translator like Debbie Shaw. Gestoria Zamoria are close by – the square behind the clinic contains the Hotel Costa and Zamora are the first office in a street leading off the square – more or less opposite the Hotel Costa. They are open the same time as the clinic is. They will do the rest and notify you when your Spanish driving licence is returned to them. It can take several months. Debbie Shaw and other translators will do the same.

Gestoria Zamora De Mazarron – Tel 968591789 In Mazarron Town in the square with the Park near Costa Hotel

Debbie Shaw 677353136 Debstranslation@hotmail.co.uk

How do I pay Council tax (IBI) and when is it due?2020-08-14T14:55:31+00:00




Council tax or IBI “Impuesto sobre Bienes Inmuebles”, which could be translated as “property tax”, is a municipally levied tax which is collected by the Murcia Regional Authority, IBI can be paid by Direct Debit, this can be set up at the Hacienda Office in Mazarrón (address details below), or by pro forma invoice, notice and invoice for IBI is distributed by post in June/July, the due date (for 2018) October 20th, the Region of Murcia do offer a scheme combining IBI with Car tax which can then be paid over 12 monthly payments, this option is offered by post in January or by enquiring at the Hacienda Office in Mazarrón (address details below).

To pay IBI in a one off payment, take the invoice into any of the banks listed on the invoice where payment will be receipted (there may be specified days a particular bank deals with tax payments).

If you have not received an invoice, a duplicate can be collected at the Hacienda Office, or online on the following link:

Agencia Tributaria

To obtain a printable copy, the “Tributo” box should already show “I.B.I. URBANO” if not click on the dropdown arrow, then click on “I.B.I. URBANO”, the year 2018 is already entered, in the “Poblacion” box click the dropdown arrow then click on “MAZARRON” then enter the owners NIE number in the “nif/cif” box, finally enter the “No Fijo del Recibo” number in the last box, this number can be found in the centre panel of previous IBI invoices, then click the “Enviar” button, this will bring up a copy of the invoice, if problems are encountered printing from this, download or save the document, which can then be printed and as above, payment can be made at any of the banks listed.

Payment can be made after the 20th of October but penalties will apply and a new copy invoice showing the penalty amount may be required by the collecting bank.

The Consejería de Hacienda office is situated Calle del Pino 5 Mazarron. Currently in Covid times a prior appointment is needed – see:


How do I pay my car tax and when is it due?2020-08-14T15:02:44+00:00

FOR 2020 Covid the following applies:


This below is pre-Covid:

Payment of Car tax is the responsibility of the registered owner of the vehicle on the 1st of January each year, notice and invoice for Car tax is distributed by post in April, the due date being June 20th, the Region of Murcia collect the tax and do offer a scheme combining Car tax with Council tax on property (IBI) which can then be paid over 12 monthly payments, this option is offered by post in January or by enquiring at the Hacienda Office in Mazarrón.

To pay Car tax in a one off payment, take the invoice into any of the banks listed on the invoice where payment will be receipted (there may be specified days a particular bank deals with tax payments).

If you have not received an invoice, a duplicate can be collected at the Hacienda Office (address details below), or online on the following link:-

Agencia Tributaria

To obtain a printable copy, click on the “Tributo” box dropdown arrow, then click on “I. VEHICULOS TRACCION MECHANICA” the year 2018 is already entered, in the “Poblacion” box click the dropdown arrow then click on “MAZARRON” then enter the owners NIE number in the “nif/cif” box, lastly enter the car registration number in the “Matrícula” box, then click the “Enviar” button, this will bring up a copy of the invoice, if problems are encountered printing from this, download or save the document, which can then be printed and as above, payment can be made at any of the banks listed.

Payment can be made after the 20th of June but penalties will apply and a new copy invoice showing the penalty amount may be required by the collecting bank.

Consejería de Hacienda office is situated Calle del Pino 5 Mazarron.  You have to make a prior appointment in Covid times – see:


What is the Padrón and how do I sign on?2020-08-31T09:05:35+00:00

Currently in Covid situation you have to ring the Town Hall to make an appointment to deal with Padrons


UK Nationals who plan to live in Spain for more than 3 months, must register as a resident and on the Padrón.

To request an appointment you must call 968 59 00 12  from 9 to 14 hours.

As a consequence of the health alert caused by Covid-19, certain mandatory rules must also be complied with:

– Only those people who have an appointment can access the Town Hall building. Escorts are not allowed, except for people with reduced mobility

– You must be punctual for your appointment in order to avoid crowds, and you must wait at the door at the marks located on the ground until the concierges allows you to enter the building, to prevent crowding inside.

–  You should wear a mask that covers nose and mouth. Your pen should not be exposed

– If unable to attend, please call the same number to cancel your appointment

According to the information on its leaflet, the Town Hall requires the following documents for registration on the Padrón:
British Nationals (up to 31/12/2020) – Passport and NIE
British Nationals (from 1/1/2021) – Resident’s card or TIE and Passport
If owner of the property, the following recent Documentation must be provided:
– The most recent IBI payment (Last contribution receipt)
– Deeds (Writing)
– Recent utility bill of water or electricity
If renting the property, the tenant should be accompanied by the Landlord if possible, and must provide the following:
– The most recent IBI payment (Last contribution receipt)
– Deeds (Writing)
– Personal identification of the owner of the property (NIE/TIE/DNI, passport)
– Recent utility bill of water or electricity
– Rental contract, or authorization for registration on the Padrón at this address
Every 5 years the Town Hall will contact you to confirm that you are still a resident in the Municipality, and will ask you to attend in person, with the following documents:
– Existing Document pattern
– Passport
– TIE (or existing residencia document)
There is plenty of information available on the Government website and on the British Consulate website, with regards to residency requirements and how to register on the Padrón.
Image may contain: stripes
What are Tiger mosquitoes?2019-08-20T14:53:20+00:00

About Tiger Mosquitos

The Region of Murcia is intensifying its campaign against the proliferation of Tiger Mosquitos which are more aggressive than their “Common mosquito” cousins and have been identified as being responsible for transmitting zika, dengue and chikungunya fevers, the Tiger mosquito bite is more painful than the Common variety and the effects can linger for up to 2 weeks or even more, although the regional municipalities including Mazarrón Council have been treating and spraying public roads and areas, the Regional Director General for Public Health, José Carlos Vicente, announced that research and sampling by the entomology department has established that 80% of Tiger mosquito breeding grounds are situated on private property so home and landowners need to be vigilant and take measures to reduce or eradicate potential breeding sites by eliminating even small accumulations on water.

About Tiger Mosquitos
The Asian tiger mosquito (Aedes albopictus) took up residence in the Murcia region around 2010 and is a small black and white mosquito, about 6 mm long. The name “tiger mosquito” comes from its white and black colour pattern, it has a white stripe running down the centre of its head and back with white bands on the legs.
These mosquitoes lay their eggs in water-filled natural and artificial containers like water deposits, ponds, untreated/abandoned swimming pools, garden pots, buckets, even old tyres, they do not lay their eggs in ditches or marshes. The Asian tiger mosquito usually does not fly more than about 1 km from its breeding site.

Life Cycle and Habits
The wormlike mosquito larvae swim with a wriggling motion, about 10 days after hatching, the larvae are about 6 mm long and completely grown they then change into comma-shaped pupae, the pupa stage completes their development into adult mosquitoes. When fully developed, an adult mosquito will emerge from each pupa at the water surface, adult mosquitoes emerge from pupae in as little as 10 to 14 days after the eggs hatch during the summer, after emerging from the pupa an adult tiger mosquito’s life span is around 3 weeks.
Asian tiger mosquitoes spend the winter in the egg stage, hatching into larvae when the eggs are covered with water in the spring and summer, the larvae feed on small bits of debris and bacteria in the water.
Male mosquitoes feed on plant juices and do not bite, female mosquitoes seek blood to help their eggs develop, unlike the Common mosquito, the Asian tiger also feeds during daylight hours, as well as at night. As with other mosquitoes, Asian tiger mosquitoes are attracted to dark clothing, perspiration, carbon dioxide and certain other odours. The mosquito will bite cats, dogs, cattle and other animals as well as people. About four or five days after feeding on blood, the female mosquito lays her eggs on or just above the surface of the water, once submerged in water, the larvae hatch.

Prevention and Control
You can and should try to reduce the risk of being bitten by mosquitoes:
Minimize time spent outdoors between dusk and dawn when mosquitoes are most active.
Be sure door and window screens fit tightly and are in good repair.
Wear shoes, socks, long pants and a long-sleeved shirt when outdoors for long periods of time and when mosquitoes are most active, clothing should be light coloured and made of tightly woven materials to keep mosquitoes away from the skin.

When it is necessary to be outdoors, apply insect repellent as indicated on the product’s label, apply to clothes when possible and sparingly to exposed skin if the label permits, consult a physician before using repellents on young children.

Indoor “Plug in” devices using liquid or tablets are widely available.
Spraying your garden with an insecticidal fog or mist is effective only for a short time, mosquitoes will return when the spray dissipates.

Mazarrón Council have employed a Mosquito Cannon (space spraying from specially equipped vehicles) this provides little control in private properties and this method is generally only effective when atmospheric conditions permit, you can however greatly reduce the number of tiger mosquitoes in your area by getting rid of breeding places:-

Remove any water-filled containers like food containers, drums, pots and buckets from your garden and terraces.
Keep mosquitoes from breeding in bird baths, pet water dishes and paddling pools by emptying, rinsing and replenishing them at least once a week.
Roof gutters should be kept clean of fallen leaves and other debris so that water does not collect in them.
Homeowners and residents should work together to eliminate breeding sites like abandoned cars, building materials, drums and other junk in vacant properties.
Report abandoned or untreated swimming pools, discarded tyres or other accumulations of water-holding junk to Mazarrón Council by calling in at the Town Hall and filling in a Solicitud genérica, Modelo 001 form or online using the Linea Verde link below, other infestations rats (ratas) cockroaches (cucurachas) etc can also be reported online via Linea Verde

These measures will also help control other mosquitoes.