Attendees:Phil Gelling (PG) President
Silvana Buxton (SB) Vice-President
Geof Buxton (GB) Secretary
Maite Gómez (MG) Treasurer
Simon Mellor (SM) Committee member
Paul Drury (PD) Invited guest
1. Apologies for absence: Allyson Ingamell (IG), Membership secretary
Paul Cassidy (PC) Committee member
2. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
Amendment to Point 4 – The AGM date to read 20th January 2018, and not 21st, as previously recorded
3. POINTS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MEETING:
Point 6 – PG/AI, Membership updateC/F
Point 10 – PG, Meeting with Maura HillenPG stated that he wrote to Moira and is awaiting a reply
Points 11/12 – SB, Financial Contribution to MTSB stated that she wrote to MT and is awaiting their comments
Point 14 – CRA termination of membershipThis was carried out according to the CRA Constitution
Point 15 – PG, Website PG explained the issues and problems of re-establishing the
Website, and confirmed that he is continuing to work on it.
4. TREASURER REPORT
MG distributed a detailed report of the accounts to date (enclosed). She informed the Committee that she will not use El Pilar for our auditing needs because she was told that they do not have the time to deal with our ‘once-a-year’ request. She is experiencing problems with finding a proper ‘auditor’ in view of the status of the CRA (Not an entity, and the fact that as a ‘Charity’ the auditing of accounts may not be required, according to Spanish definition of the CRA Status). SB to seek clarification from ‘CARM-Voluntary Associations Dept.’ and discuss way forward with MGSB/MG
5. FEEDBACK FROM WORKING COMMISSION
SB informed the Committee that the Regional Assembly’s decision on Camposol had been delayed because of several factors, including: a) improvement to their IT system; b) an unusual increase in Regional issues which could not be delayed, such as ITV and cross-city train-line discussions; c) the sudden decision of ex- Mayor of Mazarrón Blaya Blaya and of the CHS representative, to appear in front of the Working Commission Panel, after declining twice the Commission request to appear – this should take place on Monday 22/10/17. PD suggested that a transcript, or minutes, or notes of the meeting be requested, together with an indication of when the Camposol decision may be taken at the Assembly Pleno. SB to contact the Commission Spokesman.SB
6. ARCHITECT REPORT
It was decided not to pursue this avenue at the present time, but to await the Assembly publication of their decision.
7. WEBSITE AND FORUM
This item was covered by PG in Point 3 above
8. MEMBERSHIP UPDATE
C/F in view of the Membership’s secretary absence
9. BRITISH CONSULATE INTERVENTION
A reply from the ‘Special Department’ of the British Consulate is awaited following the CRA written explanation to the Consulate of the ‘Entity’ (Comunidad de Vecinos) situation and the ongoing responsibilities of Mazarron Town Hall which precludes the setting up of an Entity on Camposol in the present circumstances.
10. CRA COMMITTEE MEETING DATES FOR 2018
The following dates were approved, to take place at the Cultural Centre at 11am:
January 20thAGMFebruary 17th March 17th April 21st
May 19th June 16th July 21st September 8th
October 13th November 10th December 8th2019 – January 19th AGM
11. REVENUE OF SPANISH CLASSES IN SEPTEMBER
MG confirmed that more than 670€ were received from the Spanish classes held in September. PG expressed the Committee gratitude to SB for running the classes.
12. PLANNED SPANISH CLASSES FOR 2017-2018
SB confirmed that she’ll continue to run Spanish classes, at 4 levels, between November 2017 and June 2018.
13. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
a) Plan de Buen Gobierno – SB reported that she is awaiting information regarding the setting up of a Lobby and registering it with the Regional Government.
b) C/Aljibe – It was unanimously agreed that the CRA should continue to pursue this issue. SB to present another Complain (Solicitud) to the Town Hall, copy to the ‘Podemos’ Party Working Commission representative.SB
c) Cultural Centre entrance door – It was agreed that SB should present a Complaint (Solicitud) to the Town Hall, for the urgent repair/replacement of the lock to the front door of the Centre, as it is getting more and more difficult to operate he existing one.SB
d) Continued CRA presence in Costa Calida Chronicle – The Committee accepted PD’s offer to write a monthly news-report and have it published on the CCC, after approval by the President. The Committee is grateful to PD for undertaking this task. PD
e) Pneumonia cases – The CRA are interested in hearing from any Camposol resident who can provide medical evidence that they suffered from pneumonia as a possible result of water/sewage contamination.
f) Fund-raising – The CRA is urgently calling on members who can assist with much-needed fund-raising.
g) Cabin duty – Volunteers are wanted for helping with Cabin duties, thus ensuring that our ‘point of contact’ remains open to the public on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, between 11am and 1pm.
14. DATE OF NEXT COMMITTEE MEETING: NOVEMBER 18TH