PRESENT: Phil Gelling (PG) Chairman
Silvana Buxton (SB) Vice-chairman
Geof Buxton (GB) Secretary
Maite Gómez (MG) Treasurer
Simon Mellor (SM) Committee member
Paul Drury, Invited Consultant
1. Apologies for absence: Allyson Ingamells (AI)
2. Minutes of previous meeting – Agreed
3. Points arising from previous meeting:
a) Membership update – AI emailed a report which SB read to the Committee.
PG to pursue AI’s points with her and with John GirvanPG
b) Website up-date – PG asked the Committee to peruse a website called
‘camposolonline.com’. He also asked for the Committee’s thoughts on what the
Website should contain, such as the forum (differing opinions), archive, etc… Committee
c) Viability of Camposol Lobby Group – It was agreed that this seems to be a necessary
Evil. SB to seek Alfonso’s (PSOE) opinion and adviceSB
d) Spanish speaking support – The search goes on. To be put on future agendasGB
e) Pneumonia issue – MG reported that she spoke with some professionals and with the
Staff at the Camposol Surgery. The outcome is that Pneumonia is a lung infection
aggravated by a negative reaction to flu. The Surgery reported no cases of pneumonia.
4. Correos/Postal Service. SB reported that, after reading an article written by the reported Juan
Ruiz Palacios of La Verdad in which the Deputy Mayor of Mazarron Pedro Martinez
stated that all is well in Camposol, she phoned Juan and invited him to discuss the
issue with the Head of Correos at the Mazarron Office with whom the CRA has been
discussing the unacceptable situation in Camposol for over a year. Juan agreed to
research the facts in greater depth and report to the CRA.
5. Proposed Agenda for AGM. By unanimous vote, the date for the AGM was postponed
To SATURDAY 27/1/2018. GB to prepare poster inviting proposals for Committee
vacancies and display by the 16/12. PG to advertise in Newsletter by 16/12. GB/PG
Poster to show deadline of 5th JANUARY 2018, for receipt of proposal, which must
Be sent to the Chairman or be deposited at the CRA Cabin.
A Committee meeting to be held on Saturday 6/1/2018 to consider proposals
and to agree the AGM agenda, which must be advertised before the 10/1/2018,
thus giving more than 15 days’ notice as required by the Constitution.
6. Presentation of rambla project and chosen route – The 193-page agreed project was shown
to the Committee. SB to ask Alfonso (PSOE) what is the procedure for informing the
Affected residents, and any other information relative to the commencement of the
7. Proposal to hold an OPEN MEETING on 27/1/2018, immediately after the AGM,
to notify residents of proposed route. It was agreed to postpone this until an
answer was received by Alfonso (PSOE) regarding the procedure before the works
begin and during the works, such as notifying the people affected of deadlines, contingency services etc..
8. Proposal to invite PETER PONT (PP) to join the CRA Committee – Unanimously agreed.
Proposed by SM, seconded by PG. PP to be added to the list of Committee membersGB
9. PG’s report on meeting with John McCracken (JMcC) and Zoe (Murcia Today). PG
reported that it had been a very fruitful meeting and he agreed to liaise with
JMcC, Zoe and PP to see how best to use the information provided by
PG also asked the Committee to approve an expense of 85€ for JMcC to obtain
Financial information regarding the activity of MASA & subsidiaries. The
10. CRA’s position, if any, with regard to the disposal at auction of Justo y Manoli assets,
which could include residents (possibly CRA members) homes”. – Following a
discussion, it was agreed that SB should contact La Verdad to seek further
coverage, and the issue be brought to the attention of Antonio (MT) and
Alfonso (PSOE) as a matter of urgency. SB
11. Proposal for CRA Christmas/New Year lunch – To be discussed at next CM. GB to
Include in next CM agendaGB
12. Income from Spanish classes September-December – SB reported the following figures,
agreed by the treasurer: IN 2018.60€ – OUT 346.69 – NET PROFIT 1671.91.
PG proposed a vote of thanks to SB, which she accepted graciously….
13. AOB – none
14. Date of next Committee meeting: Saturday 6th January 2018
The meeting closed at 13:00 hrs.