A disturbing Brexit update from the UK Gov/Consul regarding Residency and Visas.

Below is the relevant section with the changes in bold.

Residency and Visas
You must register as a Spanish resident if you want to stay in Spain for more than 3 months. You will get a green A4 certificate or credit card-sized piece of paper from Extranjeria or the police.

Residency when the UK leaves the EU

If the UK leaves the EU with a deal, any UK national arriving in Spain before 31 December 2020 will be able to register as resident in Spain under the current rules and will have their right to residence in Spain protected for as long as they remain living here.

If the UK leaves the EU without a deal, any UK national residing in Spain before the date the UK leaves will be considered legally resident for a period of 21 months, irrespective of whether they currently hold a residency document.

In some parts of Spain UK nationals are currently unable to register as a resident as appointments are not available. If you don’t yet have a residence certificate, the advice on the Moncloa website is to make sure you have proof you were living here before we leave the EU (eg padrón registration), and to keep checking the online appointment system for new appointments.

After the UK leaves the EU, in any scenario, you will need to change your registration document for a new card. For more information you can:

read the Spanish government’s guidance for UK nationals in Spain

sign up for email updates to this guidance on living in Spain

UK nationals arriving in Spain after the UK leaves the EU will have to meet the requirements of the general immigration regime. We will provide further information on this in due course.

Let hope there’s a deal or revocation.

You can read this information and more on the Gov.uk web site: