Currently in Covid situation you have to ring the Town Hall to make an appointment to deal with Padrons


UK Nationals who plan to live in Spain for more than 3 months, must register as a resident and on the Padrón.
You can currently renew at the Town Hall in Mazarron or in the old fish market in Puerto de Mazarron – both require you to make an appointment:

As a consequence of the health alert caused by Covid-19, certain mandatory rules must also be complied with:

– Only those people who have an appointment can access the buildings. Escorts are not allowed, except for people with reduced mobility

– You must be punctual for your appointment in order to avoid crowds, and you must wait at the door at the marks located on the ground until the concierges allows you to enter the building, to prevent crowding inside.

–  You should wear a mask that covers nose and mouth. Your pen should not be exposed

– If unable to attend, please call the same number to cancel your appointment

According to the information on its leaflet, the Town Hall requires the following documents for registration on the Padrón:
British Nationals (up to 31/12/2020) – Passport and NIE
British Nationals (from 1/1/2021) – Resident’s card or TIE and Passport
If owner of the property, the following recent Documentation must be provided:
– The most recent IBI payment (Last contribution receipt)
– Deeds (Writing)
– Recent utility bill of water or electricity
If renting the property, the tenant should be accompanied by the Landlord if possible, and must provide the following:
– The most recent IBI payment (Last contribution receipt)
– Deeds (Writing)
– Personal identification of the owner of the property (NIE/TIE/DNI, passport)
– Recent utility bill of water or electricity
– Rental contract, or authorization for registration on the Padrón at this address
Every 5 years the Town Hall will contact you to confirm that you are still a resident in the Municipality, and will ask you to attend in person, with the following documents:
– Existing Document pattern
– Passport
– TIE (or existing residencia document)
There is plenty of information available on the Government website and on the British Consulate website, with regards to residency requirements and how to register on the Padrón.
Image may contain: stripes