The State Government are offering assistance to self employed affected by COVID-19 in relation to Electricity bills, translation below
Self-employed electricity social bonus
Those self-employed who have ceased their activity or have seen their income reduced as a result of COVID-19 will be eligible.
On Saturday, April 4, the Secretary of State for the Economy published in the Official State Bulletin “The social bonus in the electricity rate for self-employed workers”.
In the following link you will find information (in Spanish) on the right to receive the social bonus for self-employed workers who have ceased their activity or have had their turnover reduced as a result of COVID-19
Exceptionally, and for 6 months from April 1, they may request the social bonus:
– The self-employed workers who have ceased their activity on a date after March 14, when the state of emergency for the management of the health crisis situation caused by COVID-19 was declared and entered into force.
– The self-employed workers who have seen their turnover decrease in the month prior to the one requesting the social bonus by at least 75 percent in relation to the average turnover of the previous semester (six months).
To be able to access the social bonus, they must also meet one of the following criteria:
– That the annual income of the user or his family unit does not exceed € 18,799, if there are no minors in the home.
– That the annual income of the family unit does not exceed € 22,559 if there is a minor.
– That the annual income of the family unit does not exceed € 26,318, in the event that there are two minors in the family unit.
The income criteria to access the social bonus is calculated using the Multiple Effects Public Income Indicator (Indicador Público de Renta de Efectos Múltiples). For the purposes of the social bond, the last available annual income is taken into account, which is currently 2018.
In the following link you will find all the information, telephone numbers and email to request the social bonus for self-employed workers:
the link is where you can download the application form.